Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2009/12/02 21:02:07 UTC

Re: error with multicore CREATE action

: > : directory is created if it does not exist. Since it calls File#mkdirs,
: > all
: > : parent directories are also created. I don't think Solr creates those
: > : directories by itself.
: Yes, that is correct but those changes are not in trunk right now. We're
: planning to spend some time in the next few weeks in splitting that big
: patch into smaller ones, adding tests and pushing them into trunk.
: LotsOfCores still needs LotsOfWork :)

The point i'm trying to get at is that according to the initial comments
in this thread, CREATE does *appear* to be creating new instanceDirs on
the fly because of the mkdirs behavior as you mentioened -- my concern is
that the way you worded your reply suggests that this is a fluke, and
doesnt' work properly (ie: is everything properly initialized? does
persistence work?) ... if that's the case, then untill it does work, we
should propbably have an explict test for the instanceDir and fail if it
doesn't exist.

On the other hand: if it already works, it already works -- and we should
document it.

-Hoss