Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jonathan Asbell <ja...@i-2000.com> on 2001/04/29 15:15:09 UTC

Lookup performance on ActionMappings

Our company manages almost 100 related sites, some with 3 million+ /month viewership.  In thinking about how I would approach the ActionServlet I am suspicious that the lookup time of the ActionMapping might become unsatisfactory when you reach a certain number of mappings.  Does anyone have any statistics?  Would you all suggest a servlet for each site in this case?  Keep in mind that all fo the sites share the common core enterprise framework.

Re: Lookup performance on ActionMappings

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@tumbleweed.com>.
It actually uses a FastHashMap, which is optimized for fast read-access in a
multithreaded environment. For the details, see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/api/org/apache/struts/util/FastHashMap.html

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Jason Chaffee <ja...@metatv.com>.