Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Olivier Billard <ob...@rennes.jouve.fr> on 2004/01/05 10:39:27 UTC

[CocoonForms] Long datatype validation problem

Hi cocooners !

First of all, I give you my best wishes for this new year.

And then, a little question :
I have a woody widget that I want to bind to a long value, and that must have a min of
"1". But when I set a value out of the permitted validation range, I get the null value
(empty tag).

What are the rules that apply to this datatype, and in CForms validation in general ? Is
there a place for a default value ? Must I deal manually with this null value, in a
javascript part of the definition file, or in a flow validator ?

Generally, how to deal with validation rules, and its effect in the returned value.
I read the wiki, but nothing about this.

Olivier BILLARD