Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2022/11/06 17:01:30 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache PLC4X 0.10.0 released

The Apache PLC4X team is pleased to announce the release of Apache PLC4X 0.11.0

PLC4X is a set of libraries for communicating with industrial programmable
logic controllers (PLCs) using a variety of protocols but with a shared API.

A lot of the work in this version went into refactoring and
cleaning up our code generation. The code generation itself is
now a lot cleaner and simpler as well as the code generated
for Java. We also added a number of new field-types to allow
implementing more sophisticated protocols. PLC4C now should
also support all of the constructs mspec has to offer.

New Features
------------

- Implemented a `PLC4X-Server` and `PLC4X-Driver` that allows
  using the server as a proxy for communicating with PLCs.

- The Modbus driver is now also available in the variants:
  "modbus-rtu" and "modbus-ascii" (Both using Serial
  communication, which however can be tunneled through a
  "tcp" and "udp" transport)

- The KNX driver in Java now supports reading "knxproj" files
  exported from the new ETS version 6.

Incompatible changes
--------------------

- The name of the Modbus TCP driver was changed from "modbus"
  to "modbus-tcp".

- Removed the Apache Edgent (incubating) integration and
  examples related, as Edgent is abandoned and there were
  CVEs reported, which will not be fixed.

- We have replaced the BitString types with BYTE, WORD, DWORD,
  and LWORD which generally match their unsigned integer
  counterparts. So we are no longer returning lists of boolean
  values for any of these types.

Visit the Apache PLC4X website [1] for general information or
the downloads page [2] for release notes and download information.

Regards,
The Apache PLC4X team

[1] http://plc4x.apache.org
[2] http://plc4x.apache.org/users/download.html