Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Qian <Da...@accrue.com> on 2000/04/01 02:00:58 UTC

RE: Problem with using servlet in Tomcat

Thanks Steven.

It works !

In order to customerize the directory, I have two questions.

1.  If I add a directory like hello after \webApps\examples\Web-inf\classes,
so it
	looks like:

	\webApps\examples\Web-inf\classes\hello

	I have a helloWorld servlet.  I can invoke the servlet in the following
way:

	http://localhost/examples/servlet/hello.helloWorld  This is not
conventional.

	I can not invoke it as the conventional way as :

	http://localhost/examples/servlet/hello/helloWorld

	Any suggestion how to configure it so that it can be invoked in the
conventional way.

2.  Can I put the servlets anywhere I want ?
	How do I have to configure it in the server.xml ?  Can I configure it like
:

	path="/servlet" docBase="anyWhere/servlets"

Any information will be very appreciated !

David