Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> on 2005/11/10 09:37:01 UTC

RE: logging: more then one versionof 'org.apache.commons.logging.Log'

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 16:15 -0500, Keith Naas wrote:
> Thanks Robert,
>
> We are currently using 1.0.4.  This morning I downloaded the src for
> 1.0.5alpha1 to see if the issue was addressed.  The exact same scenario
> would occur since the Thread's ClassLoader is in a different EAR than
> the LogFactory's ClassLoader.  It is possible that the root cause is
> really with WebLogic or with Hibernate.

1.0.5alpha1 is much different from what is in the subversion head.

I expect your problem is really due to the use of parent-first
classloading (I *hate* parent-first classloading). There is quite a lot
of info on the apache wiki about JCL and classloaders that you may find
useful.

Regards,

Simon