Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org> on 2018/06/08 13:39:40 UTC

IvyDE from Eclipse Marketplace is ancient

I'm using IvyDE in eclipse.  The eclipse version is Oxygen.3a, the IvyDE
version is 2.2.0.final-201311091524-RELEASE.  I actually had no idea
until just now that IvyDE was such an old version.  I installed it using
Eclipse Marketplace only a few weeks ago.

I was having a problem with slf4j dependencies.  Through a process of
elimination, I have determined that the slf4j project has broken their
dependencies in the newest version.  But I do still wonder about that
ancient IvyDE version.  Is there are newer version of IvyDE available?
If so, how do I get it into eclipse?

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: IvyDE from Eclipse Marketplace is ancient

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com>.
The project itself isn't dead. However, like Ivy itself, development has
been slow the past couple of years. Ivy itself released a new version a
few weeks back (2.5.0-rc1). I think we can release a IvyDE version too.
I'll try and get a (RC) release out the next week or so.

As for that JIRA you mention, the problem probably isn't IvyDE and
instead is Ivy 2.5.0-rc1 (based on the details I see in that JIRA's
environment section). We have a JIRA for tracking the bug in Ivy
(IVY-1580) and I'm working towards a fix for it.

-Jaikiran

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com>.
I'm in the process of releasing IvyDE. Given that it hasn't been
released in a while, it might take a few days for me to get this
released and made available for voting. I'll send out a note once that's
ready.

-Jaikiran

Posted by rc...@e1b.org.

From:   "Shawn Heisey" <ap...@elyograg.org>
To:     ivy-user@ant.apache.org,
Date:   06/08/2018 03:14 PM
Subject:        Re: IvyDE from Eclipse Marketplace is ancient

--
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Teach CanIt if this mail (ID 04VUjeeUa) is spam:
Spam:
https://milton-web.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?c=s&i=04VUjeeUa&m=23f2d86cf768&t=20180608

Not spam:
https://milton-web.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?c=n&i=04VUjeeUa&m=23f2d86cf768&t=20180608

Forget vote:
https://milton-web.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?c=f&i=04VUjeeUa&m=23f2d86cf768&t=20180608

END-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.

Re: IvyDE from Eclipse Marketplace is ancient

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.

From:   "Shawn Heisey" <ap...@elyograg.org>
To:     ivy-user@ant.apache.org,
Date:   06/08/2018 09:40 AM
Subject:        IvyDE from Eclipse Marketplace is ancient

I'm using IvyDE in eclipse.  The eclipse version is Oxygen.3a, the IvyDE
version is 2.2.0.final-201311091524-RELEASE.  I actually had no idea
until just now that IvyDE was such an old version.  I installed it using
Eclipse Marketplace only a few weeks ago.

I was having a problem with slf4j dependencies.  Through a process of
elimination, I have determined that the slf4j project has broken their
dependencies in the newest version.  But I do still wonder about that
ancient IvyDE version.  Is there are newer version of IvyDE available?
If so, how do I get it into eclipse?

Thanks,
Shawn

--
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Teach CanIt if this mail (ID 03VUdDX9z) is spam:
Spam:
https://milton-web.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?c=s&i=03VUdDX9z&m=0d8fc49add16&t=20180608

Not spam:
https://milton-web.wnyric.org/canit/b.php?c=n&i=03VUdDX9z&m=0d8fc49add16&t=20180608