Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Stefan Burkard <ne...@burknet.ch> on 2005/01/25 16:29:53 UTC

Bug or incompatibility?

hi commons-users

i just started an eclipse-project in which i use commons-dbcp, and pool
to establish a db-connection-pool. by the way i use jTDS as driver for
mssqlserver.

if i run my code i get a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/commons/collections/CursorableLinkedList

when i add the actual commons-collections-3.1 to my lib-dir i get the
same error. if i take the collections-jar from tomcat 5, the error is gone.

1. question: is collections needed to work with dbcp and pool?
2. question: is the above a bug or an incompatibility?

greetings
stefan

Re: [dbcp][pool] Bug or incompatibility?

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
org/apache/commons/collections/CursorableLinkedList was deprecated in
collections 3.0/3.1 but still exists, so you shouldn't get a
NoClassDefFoundError. Hopefully the dbcp/pool developers can comment more
about the dependency.

Stephen

Re: [dbcp] Bug or incompatibility?

Posted by Stefan Burkard <ne...@burknet.ch>.
hi dirk

i get all the jars (dbcp, collections, pool) from the binary release
page of apache commons. i took the older collections from the tomcat-5-jars

according to stephens answer, the class
"org/apache/commons/collections/CursorableLinkedList" will be deprecated
in future collections-releases.
perhaps there is an eclipse-setting that ignores deprecated classes in jars?

but well, if this happens, how can we then use dbcp and pool which need
this class???

greetings
stefan

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.