Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Bo Jensen <db...@elektronik.dk> on 2003/06/09 12:52:44 UTC

Tomcat5 "Tomcat Administration"

I have done Tomcat5/bin/startup.sh

then with my browser http://localhost:8080/

After that I tried to click on "Tomcat Administration" and "Tomcat Manager"
using "both" and "tomcat" as userid and password but I all cases I got an
error message.
Have anybody seen it work?

tomcat user administration for jndi

Posted by Vijay Pawar <vs...@orgltd.com>.
Hi all,

I am using the jakarta-dbcp package as a connection pool for my jdbc
connections.

The configurations i have done as per the tomcat documentation for
jndi-how to and its is working fine.

Now, in the tomcat administration tool there is option for configuration
jndi sources. Now will the effect be the same. i.e if i configure
connection pool through the admin tool or manually by editing  the
server.xml file, will both have the same effect.

or is it that if we use the admin tool then the release of connections at
server startup is done automatically.

Thanks in advance
Vijay

Re: Tomcat5 "Tomcat Administration"

Posted by Anthony Cunningham <an...@om.asahi-kasei.co.jp>.
http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs/manager-howto.html
it says it here for tomcat 4...

f you have not customized your $CATALINA_HOME/conf/server.xml to select a
different one, Tomcat 4 defaults to an XML-format file stored at
$CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml, which can be edited with any text editor.
This file contains an XML <user> for each individual user, which might look
something like this:

<user name="craigmcc" password="secret" roles="standard,manager">

which defines the username and password used by this individual to log on, and
the role names he or she is associated with. You can add the manager role to the
comma-delimited roles attriute for one or more existing users, and/or create new
users with that assigned role.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.

Posted by David Bo Jensen <db...@elektronik.dk>.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.