Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Pierrick M <pi...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/21 19:21:26 UTC

how to use my custom archetype ?

Hello,

I just create my custom archetype, and I run perfectly the "mvn install"
command.
In my local repository, my archetype project was added correctly :
m2/repository/com/mycomp/archetype-project-name.
(but it was not created in the archetype
folder m2/repository/org/apache/maven/archetypes : maybe it's normal)

However I can't use my custom archetype with the "mvn archetype:generation"
command :
 - with good parameters Maven tell me he doesn't find the archetype
 - without parameters, my archetype doesn't exist in the archetype list.

Should I execute the "mvn deploy" command too ?
I tried this, but I haven't configure an another internal repository yet
and it fails.

Thank in advance for your help,

Pierrick

Re: how to use my custom archetype ?

Posted by springleo <mi...@gmail.com>.
to make us understand better, pls post the error message you get."mvn
install" should copy the generated deliverables (.war,.jar,.ear etc) to the
local .m2 repository.I don't think "mvn deploy" will help here since it
deploys to your predefined maven repository, which is usually remote, may be
settings.xml or pom.xml.