Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Dcunha, Stephanie" <st...@igatepatni.com> on 2011/12/14 12:27:10 UTC

Saml Authentication is giving 500 ( Internal Server ) Error in JMeter

Hi,
I am testing a website in which the authentication is getting done by a server which is different from the application server.

The script runs successfully for a short period of time after recording, however I am getting 500 (Internal server) error at authentication page where iv got to receive the SAML token. The response recorded in view result tree is Run time error.

When the site is accessed manually the authentication is successful.
I have done the necessary correlation. I have also used HTTP Cookie Manager to handle the session. Is there any problem with the script i.e the way the request is being sent?

Your expertise will be appreciated.

Regards,
Stephanie

________________________________
Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential and proprietary to iGATE Patni and its affiliates and is intended for use only by the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are requested to delete this e-mail immediately and notify the originator or mailadmin@igatepatni.com. iGATE Patni does not enter into any agreement with any party by e-mail. Any views expressed by an individual do not necessarily reflect the view of iGATE Patni. iGATE Patni is not responsible for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of information provided, through this email. The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses, which could damage your own computer system. While iGATE Patni has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. To know more about iGATE Patni please visit www.igatepatni.com.

RE: Saml Authentication is giving 500 ( Internal Server ) Error in JMeter

Posted by "Dcunha, Stephanie" <st...@igatepatni.com>.
I have used REE in all the pages to correlate the dynamic values.
However in saml page1, I am getting an authentication error. Hence I am not able to use the dynamic values of this request in the saml page2.

Another point that id like to share is that even while running the script after recording I mm getting the same authentication error in saml page1, however the 2nd page is a success. This stops after some period of time i.e around 5-10 min.

Regards,
Stephanie

I think you need to capture SAML Request, Response through REE. it should work fine. I have tested similar authentication and it worked fine for me. Also Use Debug sampler to verify the captured value.

[...]

Think green - keep it on the screen.

unable to establish connectivity to the Remote hosts

Posted by Sidhant Bhayana <si...@igatepatni.com>.
Hi,
        I am facing a network issue while establishing connectivity between three workstations provided.

Every time I am trying to connect to the JMeter Server machines, it displays an error - 'Connection timeout by Hosts'.
Alternately, to check the network connectivity, pinging the same machines internally aint no luck to me. Again receiving a Request Timed out notification.

FYI all three machines are virtualized and exist on the same ESX farm that hosts the entire environment so there will be no firewalls between the machines.
And the jmeter-server agent is successfully created on the remote hosts, further ruling out yet another possibility of bad/incomplete networking.

Can you please help me with the possible causes of the error.

--
Sidhant