Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Denis Delangle <de...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/04 11:10:38 UTC

Tomcat and pages hot reload

Hello,

There had been several discutions on the ML about people having
troubles reloading pages under Tomcat. I run into the same kind of
issue last week and I add the following symptoms :

 * I modify a page class
 * Tapestry is notified of a modification of the class file
 * Tapestry flushes the old page instance and tries to reload the
class file : I can fill it as it takes more time to Tapestry to
execute the request
 * It in fact reloads the old version of the class file (I could see
that with heapdump under visualVM)
 * I get the html result without my modifications

I created a jira for this
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-1336) with a patch that
fixes the issue in my case, I would like to know if people having
troubles with Tomcat had the same symptoms.

Regards,

Denis