Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2003/12/03 00:34:39 UTC

[digester] anyone care to volunteer to write something for the newsletter?

anyone care to volunteer to write something for the newsletter?

(we've got quite a bit of good new stuff and we'll probably be wanting
a release sometime soonish.)

- robert

Re: [digester] anyone care to volunteer to write something for the newsletter?

Posted by Jeanfrancois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.

Simon Kitching wrote:

>On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 12:34, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>

>>anyone care to volunteer to write something for the newsletter?
>>
>>(we've got quite a bit of good new stuff and we'll probably be wanting
>>a release sometime soonish.)
>>

>I'll put my hand up. I'm free this evening (apart from looking at all
>the new substitution stuff, and Jeanfrancois' schema patch).
>
>I presume this is the newsletter whose wiki page is here:
>http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheNewsletterDrafts/Issue3
>
>It would be nice to be able to review a "changelog" to base the
>newletter stuff on. Is that easily available (other than "cvs diff -r
>DIGESTER_1_5")?
>
>Would it be worth compiling a draft release notes at the same time?
>
>The release is looking good too - I think we're pretty close to ticking
>off everything on the list that was circulated before.
>
>Regards,  Simon

Let me know if you need any help. It's already the evening here but I
can take a look tomorrow morning.

Thanks,

-- Jeanfrancois

Re: [digester] anyone care to volunteer to write something for the newsletter?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 2 Dec 2003, at 23:47, Simon Kitching wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 12:34, robert burrell donkin wrote:
>> anyone care to volunteer to write something for the newsletter?
>>
>> (we've got quite a bit of good new stuff and we'll probably be wanting
>> a release sometime soonish.)
>
> I'll put my hand up. I'm free this evening (apart from looking at all
> the new substitution stuff, and Jeanfrancois' schema patch).

great :)

> I presume this is the newsletter whose wiki page is here:
> http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheNewsletterDrafts/
> Issue3

yep

> It would be nice to be able to review a "changelog" to base the
> newletter stuff on.

yes, it would be nice.

what's worked well (for other components i've been involved with) is to
keep a record of work done when it's done. if it's dated, then it's
easy to use it as a basis for the newsletter.

> Is that easily available (other than "cvs diff -r
> DIGESTER_1_5")?

if you keep your emails, you could probably extract the information
from the cvs commits. not sure if it's any easier.

> Would it be worth compiling a draft release notes at the same time?

not really. creating release notes from the diff is one of the chores
associated with acting as release manager. i don't see any purpose in
two people having to do it. (i'd need to go through and check every
entry.)

> The release is looking good too - I think we're pretty close to ticking
> off everything on the list that was circulated before.

cool.

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.