Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Josimpson Ocaba <jo...@maestrodev.com> on 2011/04/06 08:02:51 UTC

NPanday 1.3.1-incubating Branched from a certain revison from Trunk

Hi Everyone,

With the many changes in our trunk recently I feel that this is too much for
a point release and could fall into a 1.4-incubating release in itself.
Having NPanday being built on Maven 3.x is also a major change for me. So
what do you guys think if we branch out from a certain revision and release
that as 1.3.1-incubating instead? Of course we will make sure that the
revision will be stable.

With this branch out we can also lessen the time for preparation for the
release instead of stabilizing the issues that are in trunk. I'm very much
biased on getting a 1.3.1-incubating ASAP :D

What do the others think?

Cheers,

Joe

Re: NPanday 1.3.1-incubating Branched from a certain revison from Trunk

Posted by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de>.
Hi Joe,

I found out, that NPanday can still be built on Maven 2.2.1 (didn't try
below). So this should be ok.
We could just release what we have now as 1.4-incubating - it is
certainly better than 1.3-incubating was.

The PATH issue should be good. And documentation I can stop at any time :-)

Liit should have a look at the last open issue, and then we go for a
fast release.

_
Lars