Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Dulaj Viduranga <vi...@icloud.com> on 2015/03/02 09:30:03 UTC

Re: Could not build up connection to JobManager

Hi,
I found the fix for this issue and I'll create a pull request in the following day.

Re: Could not build up connection to JobManager

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Could you please upload the logs? They would be really helpful.

Posted by Dulaj Viduranga <vi...@icloud.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ufuk Celebi <uc...@apache.org>.
There was an issue for this:

Posted by Dulaj Viduranga <vi...@icloud.com>.
Hay Stephan,

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Hey Dulaj!

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Hey Dulaj!

Posted by Dulaj Viduranga <vi...@icloud.com>.
Hi,

flink-Vidura-flink-client-localhost.log <https://gist.github.com/viduranga/d866c24c0ba566abab17#file-flink-vidura-flink-client-localhost-log>

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
Hi Dulaj,

Posted by Dulaj Viduranga <vi...@icloud.com>.
Hi,
The error message is,

21:06:01,521 WARN  org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader                       - Unable to load native-hadoop library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
org.apache.flink.client.program.ProgramInvocationException: Could not build up connection to JobManager.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
What was the error when you tried to submit the job with "localhost"? The
client log would be very helpful to understand the problem.

Actually, the "localhost" in the code is only the fallback strategy if the
job manager address could not be retrieved differently.

Posted by Dulaj Viduranga <vi...@icloud.com>.
Glad I could help any way. :)

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dulaj Viduranga <vi...@icloud.com>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Dulaj!

Posted by Dulaj Viduranga <vi...@icloud.com>.
Hi,
This is the log with setting “localhost”
flink-Vidura-jobmanager-localhost.log <https://gist.github.com/viduranga/e9d43521587697de3eb5#file-flink-vidura-jobmanager-localhost-log>

And this is the log with setting “127.0.0.1”
flink-Vidura-jobmanager-localhost.log <https://gist.github.com/viduranga/5af6b05f204e1f4b344f#file-flink-vidura-jobmanager-localhost-log>

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dulaj Viduranga <vi...@icloud.com>.
Using start-locat.sh.

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dulaj Viduranga <vi...@icloud.com>.
Hi Till,

Posted by Till Rohrmann <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dulaj,

Posted by Dulaj Viduranga <vi...@icloud.com>.

Posted by Dulaj Viduranga <vi...@icloud.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.
Wow, great. Can you tell us what the issue was?