Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by "Delapasse, Deanna" <dd...@oceaneering.com> on 2015/05/21 03:07:44 UTC

Need to create a stop-webapps.sh

Running the multiprocess-file-example is there anyway to get the pid of the
jetty process so I can add a stop script?  Need to add an /etc/init.d stop
script, but start-webapps.sh is calling some java which I guess is starting
up Jetty.

I tried to make tomcat work, but am giving up and want to stay with jetty
for the near term (I did replace HSQLDB with PostgreSQL).

thanks!
Deanna

Re: Need to create a stop-webapps.sh

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deanna,

First of all, file-based synchronization is deprecated at this point, so
we'd much prefer you use zookeeper.  If you are using file-based synch,
getting tomcat working is very hard because *all* mcf processes need to be
running as the same user.  With zookeeper that is not necessary.

As for a stop-webapps script -- the jetty script is only provided for
convenience and demonstration, not production.

Karl