Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chad Woolley <th...@gmail.com> on 2005/02/18 18:57:38 UTC

deployment with a different context than war name - tomcat 5.5.7

Hi,

Can anyone point me to a working example of of using a context xml
fragment file to deploy an war at a different context than the war
name?  In other words, I don't want to define it in the global config
file.

I've read all the docs I can find on this, and it still doesn't work.
I'm using the manager app to deploy, and it always says "invalid
context".

Thanks,
Chad Woolley

Re: deployment with a different context than war name - tomcat 5.5.7

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
I would suspect your stuck on this one.  I think I remember a thread
here back in the fall that essentially said the path attribute to
<Context/> is ignored in TC 5.5.7.  Any of the developers care to
confirm that??

--David