Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by anilkumarkatta <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/14 13:59:51 UTC

jspwiki - connecting to 2 LDAPs for authentication.

Hi

Is it possible to have get it authenticated of one user using two different
LDAPs. which are configured in server.xml of the tomcat?

Thanks in Adv.

- Anil

Re: jspwiki - connecting to 2 LDAPs for authentication.

Posted by anilkumarkatta <an...@gmail.com>.
Seems to be round around the question.. !
anyway thanks for the help

Cheers

Andrew Jaquith-4 wrote:

> Please re-read my response... Other than what I've written already, I
> cannot help you any further. -- Andrew
>
> On Sep 15, 2009 at 0:22, anilkumarkatta <an...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Thanks for the reply Andrew,
>>
>> My intention was to authenticate various users across both the LDAP
>> server,
>> suppose I have one Relam configured for LDAP1 which authenticate Money
>> Users, which authenticates all the users from Money Users that are
>> existing
>> on LDAP1, at the same time can I include one more Relam LDAP2 for
>> Commerical
>> Users, does it authenticate those user tooo?
>>
>> Please suggest me.
>>
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> -Anil Katta
>>

>> Andrew Jaquith-4 wrote:
>>>
>>> This is a Tomcat question, not a JSPWiki question.
>>>
>>> As far as I know, Tomcat cannot authenticate to more than one LDAP
>>> server at a time. However, if you need to authenticate users to
>>> multiple subtrees in the same LDAP server, that is possible if you
>>> set
>>> the "search subtree" attribute of the Tomcat JNDIRealm.
>>>
>>> Your other alternative might be, for example, to use OpenLDAP to
>>> create a "virtual" directory that aggregates several other LDAP
>>> servers together. I'm not an expert on how to do this, but you might
>>> find some tips on the OpenLDAP mailing lists.
>>>
>>> Regards,  Andrew

>> --

:confused::confused:

Re: jspwiki - connecting to 2 LDAPs for authentication.

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by anilkumarkatta <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply Andrew,

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@gmail.com>.