Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Philippe Van Der Gucht <ph...@uniway.be> on 2002/02/21 11:18:51 UTC

Content-length checking in mod_jk

Hello,

Credit goes to David Dankwerth for supplying this patch.
It is meant to abort an http connection if the content length value exceeds a
predefined value.
The predefined value can be specified in apache's httpd.conf by using the
LimitRequestBody directive.

F.e.:
LimitRequestBody 10000
JkEnvVar JkLimitRequestBody apache
will limit the request to 10K.

Apache will throw a 413 error when the limit has been exceeded so you can
define an ErrorDocument in httpd.conf to show up an informative page indicating
the error.

Anyway, it's been a real and helpful solution for me and I was wondering if the
author would consider using it? :)

See attachment for a diff on the original v1.23 source.

Greetings, Philippe.