Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Ashish Kulkarni <as...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/02 15:12:09 UTC

Is this the right way to use commitment control

Hi
This is what i am doing in my code and want to confirm that it is the right
way to use commitment control
// start commitment control
sqlMapClient.startTransaction();
sqlMapClient.insert("insertCOHeader", coDataBean);
sqlMapClient.insert("insertCOCOmment", coComment);
sqlMapClient.insert("insertCOHeaderNotes", map);
sqlMapClient.insert("insertCOLineNotes", map);
// commit all transcations
sqlMapClient.commitTransaction();

How about dirty read, will this take of it

Ashish

RE: Is this the right way to use commitment control

Posted by Suneeta Thumu <st...@impactmobile.com>.
Can we use sqlMapTransactionManager.startTransaction (), in the similar way
for commitTransaction() and endTransaction()?

Or we should use only sqlMapclienr.startTransaction()?

  _____

No you must have this in a try catch finally exception handler. An in the
finally section add endTransaction the code in here decides if a rollback is
called....

try{

   sqlMapClient.startTransaction();
   sqlMapClient.insert("insertCOHeader", coDataBean);
  sqlMapClient.insert("insertCOCOmment", coComment);
  sqlMapClient.insert("insertCOHeaderNotes", map);
  sqlMapClient.insert("insertCOLineNotes", map);
  // commit all transcations
  sqlMapClient.commitTransaction();

}catch(Whatever exc e){

  //you could of course just throw them so you could miss this part.

}finally{

   sqlMapClient.endTransaction();

}

  _____