Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Jim Scott <js...@maprtech.com> on 2015/06/17 17:38:06 UTC

jdbc jars -> maven repo

Are there plans to publish the Drill jdbc jars to the maven central repo?

That would really help application developers to be able to connect to
drill that much easier from their applications they are building.

Re: jdbc jars -> maven repo

Posted by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com>.
I have pushed the 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT version of the artifacts to the Apache
repository[1].

Could someone please verify the completeness/correctness of these?

Do we need to start a vote for the release artifacts?

I notice that for many artifacts (common, protocol, java-exec), the
"rebuffed" classifier
is the one that we package in the Drill binary distribution. We should
modify the maven
build process to make these as the main artifacts. I have created
DRILL-3320[2] to address
that.

aditya...

[1]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/drill/
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3320

Re: jdbc jars -> maven repo

Posted by Daniel Barclay <db...@maprtech.com>.
Jacques Nadeau wrote:
> One thing to watch out for is I think the all Har accidentally has
> transitive dependencies and shouldn't.  We should get a bug filed for that.

There is already a JIRA report about transitive dependencies of the JDBC-all
Jar file..

Daniel

Daniel Barclay
MapR Technologies