Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Sanath_Prudhvi <Sa...@mahindrasatyam.com> on 2011/01/11 15:53:08 UTC

Set Message Priority using C++ Broker

Dear All,
            First of all thanks for your co-operation to install C++ broker and run in my system.
I am using C#.Net Client with VS 2008.
I want to know about setting priority for the messages.

1.      Does C++ broker supports message priority or not?. If yes, how to do it.

2.      Does C++ broker supports priority queues or not?. If it supports how to set the priority queues for C++ broker and how to access / configure them.
Please send your suggestions and comments.
thanks,
- Sanath

________________________________
DISCLAIMER:

Re: Set Message Priority using C++ Broker

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
On 01/11/2011 09:53 AM, Sanath_Prudhvi wrote:
> Dear All,
>              First of all thanks for your co-operation to install C++ broker and run in my system.
> I am using C#.Net Client with VS 2008.
> I want to know about setting priority for the messages.
>
> 1.      Does C++ broker supports message priority or not?. If yes, how to do it.

currently it just passed the priority, it does not re-order the
messages. I believe Gordon has a patch
in the works for re-ordering the messages based on priority.

Carl.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Set Message Priority using C++ Broker

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 01/11/2011 02:53 PM, Sanath_Prudhvi wrote:
> Dear All,
>              First of all thanks for your co-operation to install C++ broker and run in my system.
> I am using C#.Net Client with VS 2008.
> I want to know about setting priority for the messages.
>
> 1.      Does C++ broker supports message priority or not?. If yes, how to do it.
>
> 2.      Does C++ broker supports priority queues or not?. If it supports how to set the priority queues for C++ broker and how to access / configure them.

Not yet (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-529). However, as
Carl mentions, I will be getting this in for the next Qpid release.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org