Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2020/10/04 20:54:06 UTC

It's Over - ApacheCon@Home Update

Hi All

I hope that me, many of you attended our first online conference ApacheCon@Home last week. I want to especially thank all our Community track speakers for participating and making the our track very special.
Our track covered 2 time zones and had a truly global reach.

Thanks to our Indore ALC members, we had our first ever ApacheCon presentation in Hindi. It has been a while since I had the chance to listen in and attend so really enjoyed hearing about innersource in China, hearing about the real life project experience of Apache Airflo and Apache Pulsar, and Myrle's talk about the vendor neutrality and domination was something particularly interesting. Becoming aware of the different perspectives - academia, companies involved in open source, open source financing etc was all there. There are lots of other great talks so please watch out for the recordings on the ASF Youtube channel that will be appearing over the next week or so and check out any that you may have missed first time around.

I have been involved in Apache for several years but am always pleasantly surprised to be learning something new. A key highlight for me was realising that you can still gain a great rapport, have fun and be actively engaged in an online conference. I am guessing that we will be running a few more of these type of conferences in the future.

A huge thank you goes out to the Rich Bowen, Ruth Suehle and Brian Proffitt (and all those others behind the scenes) from the conferences team who probably had the busiest week ever by making sure that any issues were resolved as calmly and efficiently.  Kudos!

Thanks
Sharan