Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sri Sankaran <Sr...@sas.com> on 2003/10/15 15:18:49 UTC

Help needed in writing custom Jelly tags

Have you written a custom Jelly tag library - that is *not* part of the Maven installation?

If so, how do you specify the name of your TagLibrary class in the xmlns declaration?  I am finding that

  xmlns:mine="jelly:com.foo.bar.MyTagLibrary"

doesn't cut it.  I am having a devil of a time (see numerous threads in the past several days with my name!) getting past a ClassNotFoundException.

The o.a.commons.jelly.parse.XMLParser fails in its attempt to find the TagLibrary class even though it is using the root.maven class loader and the dependency on the tag library (in the project.xml) indicates that the root.maven class loader should be used to load the classes in the tag library jar.

Sri