Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Dakota Jack <da...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/16 18:01:54 UTC

Re: Illegal IMail List Server Command! SPAM?

Getting rid of the thirty or so deadend emails from this would be nice?

On 5/16/05, List Server <im...@mail.newatlanta.com> wrote:
> New Atlanta List Server General Help File
>
> Lists hosted by this server are:
>
>    bluedragon-interest
>    servletexec-interest
>    jturbo-interest
>
> Use one of these list names where you see <list name> in the command syntax below.
>
> All list server commands must be addressed to:
>
>    listserv@newatlanta.com
>
> Commands must be placed on the first line of the message body and may not be preceded by blanks, whitespace, or other characters.
>
> Valid Commands are:
>
>    To subscribe to a list:
>
>        subscribe <list name> <your full name>
>
>    For example:
>
>        subscribe servletexec-interest John Smith
>
>    If you don't include your name in the subscribe command you'll receive an "Invalid Syntax" error message from the list server.
>
>    To unsubscribe from a list:
>
>        unsubscribe <list name>
>
>    To receive help send after subscribing to a list:
>
>        help <list name>
>
> If you have any questions or need additional help, send email to:
>
>    list-admin@newatlanta.com

~Dakota Jack~

Re: Illegal IMail List Server Command! SPAM?

Posted by Sharad Ramadas <sh...@gmail.com>.
How to get rid of this ?

Posted by Mieke Banderas <mi...@gamebox.net>.
Lutz Zetzsche said:

>I set up a pop filter for these mails. Works fine. :-)

I unsubbed the sender. I'm not sure if it works without a reply, but
maybe he'll get it now.

I'm sure the behaviour must be a violation of military standards.

Re: Illegal IMail List Server Command! SPAM?

Posted by Lutz Zetzsche <Lu...@sea-rescue.de>.