Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 1996/04/02 02:53:39 UTC

More on child-process just running (chewing CPU)

I've just found out another factoid about the "spinning child" syndrome that
I've been seeing... This is weird.

>From what I can see, the request is processed, it's "written" (outputed)
to the client (correctly) and it's even logged (!!)... it's just, for
some reason, the socket isn't being closed or something...

Once again... the child process processes the request totally, including
making the "final" access_log entry, but the process keeps spinning,
chewing CPU, and reports itself as in the Write state... Any ideas? This
is baffling...