Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com> on 2006/10/06 07:30:32 UTC

2 different scores?

Ok, I've googled this, and perhaps I'm not searching with the right
words or my search is too vague..

Running spamassassin on a os/x box,

SA is called from my procmail:

:0fw: spamassassin.lock
| spamc -s 512000
(Perhaps I have more than one spamc and I'm calling the wrong one?)

Just received a piece of spam with the below headers:

         UNPARSEABLE_RELAY autolearn=no version=3.1.6

(Partial, obviously).

Ran it through spamassassin on the command line:

-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.1.6 (2006-10-03) on
         www-espphotography-com.local
         autolearn=spam version=3.1.6

Any hints of what to look for as to why mail being received isn't
scoring all that well?

The crontab entry launched on startup is:

<http://www.espphotography.com:10000/cron/edit_cron.cgi?idx=11>/opt/local/bin/spamd

Any clues?

Thanks.

Evan

Re: 2 different scores?

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
>         UNPARSEABLE_RELAY autolearn=no version=3.1.6

> URIBL_AB_SURBL,URIBL_JP_SURBL,URIBL_OB_SURBL,URIBL_SBL,URIBL_SC_SURBL
>         autolearn=spam version=3.1.6
>
> Any hints of what to look for as to why mail being received isn't

The first case obviously isn't using network tests.  -L on spamd startup?
Permissions problem?  Different usercode than what you ran the test under?
Different home directory?

I'd make a guess at the -L parameter as a first shot.

        Loren