Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bjoern Olausson <sp...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/06 02:49:58 UTC

-u flag problem | spamassassin (spamd) | vpopmail | qmail-scanner-queue

Hi all,

I got one big problem with spamassassins spamd.

Qmail-scanner-queu semms not to submitt the -u flag to spamd. So if I
run spamd with the "-v -u vpopmail" option I get the following error:

-----------------------

2005-07-06 00:20:21 [6242] i: debug: using "Error: unable to
setuid/.spamassassin" for user state dir
2005-07-06 00:20:21 [6242] i: debug: mkdir Error: unable to
setuid/.spamassassin failed: mkdir Error: unable to
setuid:.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock.tux.mydomain.de.6242 for
Error: unable to setuid/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock: Datei oder
Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
2005-07-06 00:20:21 [6242] i: debug: open of AWL file failed: lock:
6242 cannot create tmp lockfile Error: unable to
setuid/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock.tux.mydomain.de.6242 for
Error: unable to setuid/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.lock: Datei oder
Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

----------------------

Whein using the "-x
--virtual-config-dir=/var/vpopmail/domains/%d/%l/.spamassassin" flags
spamd creates "/var/vpopmail/domains///.spamassassin" as dir.
Regardless what mailadress is processed.

Does anyone know how to fix that error? Any workaround? Is it
qmail-scanner fault? Any hints?

Except of this, the mailserver runs like a charm. But custom rues would be nice.

Ah, by the way, I enabled razor and pyzzor

use_razor2  1
use_dcc  1
use_pyzor  1

and when I test with "spamassassin -D < spamy-massage" I see razor
pyzor working. But when tailing the logs from spamd in action I see
nothing from razor and pyzor. Are they invoked anyway in the
background without any message in the spamd.log? Thanks for any hints.

My Serversetup:

-qmail-1.03
-qmail-scanner-1.25 (with qms-analog-0.4.4 patch)
-vpopmail-5.4.6
-spamassassin-3.0.4

Spamd runs currently with the following options:
SPAMD_OPTS="-D -d -m 5 -c -L -v -u vpopmail -C
/usr/share/spamassassin/local.cf -s /var/log/spamd/spamd.log -H
/var/vpopmail"

regards
Bjoern

Re: -u flag problem | spamassassin (spamd) | vpopmail | qmail-scanner-queue

Posted by "spamsuxx@gmail.com" <sp...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 04:16:26 +0200, Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>
wrote:

> At 08:49 PM 7/5/2005, Bjoern Olausson wrote:
>> Qmail-scanner-queu semms not to submitt the -u flag to spamd. So if I
>> run spamd with the "-v -u vpopmail" option I get the following error:
>
> check your settings for the vpopmail user and make sure it has a home
> directory, and that it can write to it.
>
> Alternatively, create a spamd user instead and use that.
>
> Those messages look like vpopmail's home dir is set to /

The user vpopmail exists an has homedir:
vpopmail:x:89:89::/var/vpopmail:/bin/false
and /var/vpopmail is 100% writeable to vpopmail.
Spamd is running as
vpopmail  6242  6234  0 Jul05 ?  00:00:05 spamd child

The user doesn't matter, its just that spamassassin doesn' lookup the
name@host.tld thing so it cannot chdir or create the appropriate dir. I
tried everything, running in fast mode, in verbose mode etc.etc. Nothing
helped me out of this.
Maybe its a bug in qmail-scanner? I don't know.

Thx for help

Posted by "spamsuxx@gmail.com" <sp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.