Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Jabir Ahmed <ja...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/27 07:59:35 UTC

What does each of the service do? documentation

            org.apache.oozie.service.SchedulerService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.InstrumentationService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.CallableQueueService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.UUIDService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.ELService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.AuthorizationService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.HadoopAccessorService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.MemoryLocksService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.DagXLogInfoService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.SchemaService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.LiteWorkflowAppService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.JPAService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.StoreService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.CoordinatorStoreService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.SLAStoreService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.DBLiteWorkflowStoreService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.CallbackService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.ActionService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.ActionCheckerService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.RecoveryService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.PurgeService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.CoordinatorEngineService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.BundleEngineService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.DagEngineService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.CoordMaterializeTriggerService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.StatusTransitService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.PauseTransitService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.GroupsService,
            org.apache.oozie.service.ProxyUserService

Where do i get documentation on what each service does,

also when i only add PurgeService it doesnt work unless i add the
rest? whats the dependency?

Thanks

Jabir

Re: What does each of the service do? documentation

Posted by Robert Kanter <rk...@cloudera.com>.
There should be JavaDocs for all of the Services; you can find that here:
http://oozie.apache.org/docs/3.3.2/core/apidocs/index.html

While the Services can be turned off, Oozie heavily relies on many of them,
and won't work properly without most of them.  For example,
HadoopAccessorService is used for accessing HDFS; without it Oozie probably
won't work at all.  But, PurgeService is used for deleting old workflows
from the database, and Oozie should work fine without it.  If you're just
turning on PurgeService, I'd be surprised if Oozie was working.  Is there a
reason you're trying to do this?

The plug-ability of the Services is probably more useful for replacing
Services with alternate implementations than for completely removing them,
or for adding new Services.

thanks
- Robert