Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Stewart Waller <sj...@york.ac.uk> on 2005/12/13 12:35:15 UTC

Can't access apache.org?

Dear whomever it may concern.

I have been experiencing difficulty accessing www.apache.org and related web
sites on several occasions during the last month. Is there any particular
reason for this and do you expect to resume normal service in the near
future?

Kind Regards,

Stewart

*******************************
Stewart Waller
Curatorial Officer
Archaeology Data Service
University of York
King's Manor
York    YO1 7EP

http://ads.ahds.ac.uk/

Tel: 01904 433967
Fax: 01904 433939
Email: sjw143@york.ac.uk

Re: Can't access apache.org?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 11:35 +0000, Stewart Waller wrote:
> Dear whomever it may concern.
>
> I have been experiencing difficulty accessing www.apache.org and related web
> sites on several occasions during the last month. Is there any particular
> reason for this

AUIU we had an extended outage this morning (UTC) probably due to
hardware issues. most of the admins being at apachecon (and so for once
all in the same timezone) so it took a while before anyone woke up. i
haven't really noticed this month being particularly bad so it's
possible you've just been unlucky (or i've been lucky).

> and do you expect to resume normal service in the near
> future?

the infrastructure team do a great job but they're all volunteers and so
it's hard to scale effectively. there's been a lot of work done over the
last few months on finding ways to solve this problem and i expect it to
bear fruit in the medium term.

- robert