Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Peng Jun Jia <ji...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/19 10:00:08 UTC

Is there a way to use encrypted password in passwd file ?

Current  conf/passwd like this :
  [users]
  pjia = pjiatest

I hope I can use conf/passwd like this :
  [users]
  pjia = [encryptedPasswd]
Just like CVS ,

I have searched FAQ and google , but can not find any useful message .
Any suggestion will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.

--
缘分の天空 (QQ:7992118)

───────────────────────────
MSN  : jiapj@hotmail.com
BLog : http://spaces.msn.com/jiapj
Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/jiapj/sets
───────────────────────────

Re: Is there a way to use encrypted password in passwd file ?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 19, 2006, at 12:05, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jun 19, 2006, at 12:00, Peng Jun Jia wrote:
>
>> Current  conf/passwd like this :
>>  [users]
>>  pjia = pjiatest
>>
>> I hope I can use conf/passwd like this :
>>  [users]
>>  pjia = [encryptedPasswd]
>> Just like CVS ,
>>
>> I have searched FAQ and google , but can not find any useful
>> message .
>> Any suggestion will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance.
>
> No, you can't. Only plain-text passwords are supported. Please see
> this FAQ entry:
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#plaintext-passwords

And, sorry, I didn't read your message closely enough. You're talking
about server-side passwords; that FAQ entry is about client-side
passwords. Perhaps we need a FAQ entry about server-side passwords?

Re: Is there a way to use encrypted password in passwd file ?

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.