Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch> on 2008/10/10 09:57:26 UTC

Can i add javascript code to the shapelink markup used by ImageMap?

Hi *,

i try to implement the following.
- a background image is displayed.
- the image is overlayed by some links
- if mouse "hits" a link area the background is overlayed by a gray film
- if mouse "leaves" the link area the gray film disappears
- if link area is clicked the background image will be exchanged by an image
with this area permanently marked

I use an imagemap for now. Everything works fine but the onmouseover and
onmouseout scripts. I have to
add them to the <area ...> markup. But i can not access it. ImageMap is
final and is not using the customization concepts of other wicket
components. Can someone help me out here?

Thanks
Per

Re: Can i add javascript code to the shapelink markup used by ImageMap?

Posted by Newgro <pe...@gmx.ch>.
I found a solution,

maybe it's a hack, but it works. I manipulate the result of getURL Method of
assigned link component.
This string will be added to the area markup. I simply add the closeTag for
href and then add the scripts for onmouseover and onmouseout.

Hope this helps others 2.

Cheers
Per