Posted to user@spark.apache.org by yh18190 <yh...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/29 12:57:47 UTC

Zip or map elements to create new RDD

Hi,
I have an RDD of elements and want to create a new RDD by Zipping other RDD
in order.
result[RDD] with sequence of 10,20,30,40,50 ...elements.
I am facing problems as index is not an RDD...its gives an error...Could
anyone help me how we can zip it or map it inorder to obtain following
result.(0,10),(1,20),(2,30),(3,40)....
I tried like this...but doesnt work...even zipWithIndex doesnt work becoz
its scala method..not RDD method..

 val index= List.range(0, result.count(),1)
result.zip(index)

Re: Zip or map elements to create new RDD

Posted by yh18190 <yh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks sonal.Is der anyother way like to map values with Increasing
indexes...so that i can map(t=>(i,t)) where value if 'i' increases after
each map operation on element...

Please help me ..in this aspect

Re: Zip or map elements to create new RDD

Posted by Sonal Goyal <so...@gmail.com>.
zipWithIndex works on the git clone, not sure if its part of a released
version.

https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/master/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/rdd/RDD.scala

Best Regards,
Sonal