Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Sujit Choudhury <S....@westminster.ac.uk> on 2006/12/04 21:54:09 UTC

spamassassin config question

I am running SpamAssassin version 3.1.7.  I have few questions regarding the working of spamassassin:

1) In /etc/mail/spamassassin, there is a file called init.pre.  Is it necessary to have that contents of that file in local.cf?

2)  I am running exim and calling spamd from within exim.  When I do check_whitelist, I get the following:
Cannot open file /root/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist: No such file or directory
Is there any thing I should have done for AWL to work?

3)  Lately we are getting lot of spam consists of images+text.  While some are caught a large proportion of them are not marked as spam.  I am using Botnet.cf and in the same directory have Botnet.pm file.  Is there any other rule that can be used to catch this kind of spam?

Many thanks

Sujit

Re: spamassassin config question

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 08:54:09PM -0000, Sujit Choudhury wrote:
> 1) In /etc/mail/spamassassin, there is a file called init.pre.  Is it necessary to have that contents of that file in local.cf?

No.  In fact, that's why the data is in a different file. :)

> 3)  Lately we are getting lot of spam consists of images+text.  While some are caught a large proportion of them are not marked as spam.  I am using Botnet.cf and in the same directory have Botnet.pm file.  Is there any other rule that can be used to catch this kind of spam?

run sa-update.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"I would never have sex with a cow.  Cause that is wrong, and I am