Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Testrot <ma...@d-velop.de> on 2007/10/25 08:47:04 UTC

Common configuration for a set of projects / inheritance from super-pom

Hello,

I would like to separate the reporting section for all of our projects
in a common configuration file or pom to keep the projects pom as simple
as possible.

I already created a hierarchy of poms (java-pom, maven-plugin-pom and so
on) for the different project types to externalize common settings for
similar projects. But the <reporting> section included in my java-pom
isn't inherited by my java projects. Searching the Internet I found out
this is the expected behaviour.

But how do you solve the problem of a central reporting configuration?
Do you repeat the <reporting> configuration in every project pom?

Greetings,
Martin