Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Maia Zaharieva <a9...@unet.univie.ac.at> on 2002/08/12 14:25:45 UTC

StandardWrapperFacade?!

hi all,
i am using tomcat 4.0.1. and i keep getting the following exception while
starting my servlet:
 StandardManager[/templateconfig] Exception loading sessions from persistent
storage java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperFacade
Caused by: java.io.NotSerializableException:
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperFacade

does anyone know why it happens?

thanks,
maia

Re: StandardWrapperFacade?!

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Maia Zaharieva wrote:

> Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:25:45 +0200
> From: Maia Zaharieva <a9...@unet.univie.ac.at>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: StandardWrapperFacade?!
>
> hi all,
> i am using tomcat 4.0.1. and i keep getting the following exception while
> starting my servlet:
>  StandardManager[/templateconfig] Exception loading sessions from persistent
> storage java.io.WriteAbortedException: writing aborted;
> java.io.NotSerializableException:
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperFacade
> Caused by: java.io.NotSerializableException:
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperFacade
>
> does anyone know why it happens?

The only reason I can think of that this might happen is if someone tried
to store a reference to a ServletConfig object (which Tomcat implements as
o.a.c.c.StandardWrapperFacade) in a session.  That's not a good idea.

> thanks,
> maia

Craig