Posted to commits@bloodhound.apache.org by Apache Bloodhound <bl...@incubator.apache.org> on 2012/12/07 16:58:53 UTC

[Apache Bloodhound] #293: footer whitelabelling results in footer specifying different apache projects

#293: footer whitelabelling results in footer specifying different apache
projects
-------------------+------------------------
Reporter:  gjm     |       Owner:  nobody
    Type:  defect  |      Status:  new
 Version:          |  Resolution:
-------------------+------------------------

--
Ticket URL: <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/293>
Apache Bloodhound <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/>

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #293: footer whitelabelling results in footer specifying different apache projects

Posted by Apache Bloodhound <bl...@incubator.apache.org>.
#293: footer whitelabelling results in footer specifying different apache
projects
------------------------+-----------------------
  Reporter:  gjm        |      Owner:
      Type:  defect     |     Status:  new
 Component:  dashboard  |    Version:
Resolution:             |   Keywords:
------------------------+-----------------------
Changes (by peter):

 * status:  needinfo(new) => new
 * owner:  gjm =>

--
Ticket URL: <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/293#comment:5>

Posted by Apache Bloodhound <bl...@incubator.apache.org>.
#293: footer whitelabelling results in footer specifying different apache
projects
------------------------+---------------------------
  Reporter:  gjm        |      Owner:  gjm
      Type:  defect     |     Status:  needinfo(new)
 Component:  dashboard  |    Version:
Resolution:             |   Keywords:
------------------------+---------------------------
Changes (by peter):

 * owner:  nobody => gjm
 * status:  new => needinfo(new)

Comment:

 1. Just checking: This is how it has been before whitelabeling efforts or
 am I missing something
 2. What does this ticket suggest? That the "Apache TM" also comes from
 trac.ini? Is ApacheTM mandatory in footer? Is whilelabeler allowed to
 remove or change it? Should only the link be removed?

--
Ticket URL: <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/293#comment:3>

Posted by Apache Bloodhound <bl...@incubator.apache.org>.
#293: footer whitelabelling results in footer specifying different apache
projects
------------------------+-----------------------
  Reporter:  gjm        |      Owner:  nobody
      Type:  defect     |     Status:  new
 Component:  dashboard  |    Version:
Resolution:             |   Keywords:
------------------------+-----------------------
Changes (by gjm):

 * priority:  major => critical
 * milestone:   => Release 4

--
Ticket URL: <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/293#comment:2>

Posted by Apache Bloodhound <bl...@incubator.apache.org>.
#293: footer whitelabelling results in footer specifying different apache
projects
------------------------+-----------------------
  Reporter:  gjm        |      Owner:  peter
      Type:  defect     |     Status:  assigned
 Component:  dashboard  |    Version:
Resolution:             |   Keywords:
------------------------+-----------------------
Changes (by peter):

 * priority:  critical => major
 * status:  new => assigned
 * owner:   => peter

--
Ticket URL: <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/293#comment:6>

Posted by Apache Bloodhound <bl...@incubator.apache.org>.
#293: footer whitelabelling results in footer specifying different apache
projects
------------------------+-----------------------
  Reporter:  gjm        |      Owner:  peter
      Type:  defect     |     Status:  closed
 Component:  dashboard  |    Version:
Resolution:  fixed      |   Keywords:
------------------------+-----------------------
Changes (by peter):

 * status:  assigned => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Fixed by r1428299. The static text was removed/replaced by
 application_full whitelabeling key

--
Ticket URL: <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/293#comment:7>

Posted by Apache Bloodhound <bl...@incubator.apache.org>.
#293: footer whitelabelling results in footer specifying different apache
projects
------------------------+--------------------
  Reporter:  gjm        |      Owner:  nobody
      Type:  defect     |     Status:  new
 Component:  dashboard  |    Version:
Resolution:             |   Keywords:
------------------------+--------------------
Description changed by gjm:

Old description:

New description:

 {{{
 #!html
 }}}
 is appearing as hardcoded in the footer.

Ticket URL: <https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/293#comment:1>

Posted by Apache Bloodhound <bl...@incubator.apache.org>.
#293: footer whitelabelling results in footer specifying different apache
projects
------------------------+---------------------------
  Reporter:  gjm        |      Owner:  gjm
      Type:  defect     |     Status:  needinfo(new)
 Component:  dashboard  |    Version:
Resolution:             |   Keywords:
------------------------+---------------------------

Comment (by gjm):

 Replying to [comment:3 peter]:
 > 1. Just checking: This is how it has been before whitelabeling efforts
 or am I missing something?

 Before whitelabelling, we didn't need to consider the consistency of
 branding when the name gets changed.

 > 2. What does this ticket suggest? That the "Apache TM" also comes from
 trac.ini? Is ApacheTM mandatory in footer? Is whilelabeler allowed to
 remove or change it? Should only the link be removed?

 This ticket only suggests that when somebody decides to make use of the
 whitelabelling to change the name to mylabel, they probably wouldn't
 expect to be calling themselves

   {{{
   #!html
   }}}

 If this is not just a facility for us to rename our own project, it would
 seem that this needs to be a bit more configurable.

 One relatively simple solution for this ticket would just to use
 {{{application_full}}}. Perhaps this is best for the moment. I expect that
 would probably be acceptable enough for the moment.

 For longer term, we might want to consider something like

 {{{
 #!ini
 [labels]
 application_prefix = Apache