Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> on 2009/09/25 22:45:33 UTC

Fwd: 8 for 1.4

Argh, this was meant for solr-dev.

Begin forwarded message:

Re: 8 for 1.4

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 7:58 AM, Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org> wrote:
> Yes, but no committers have stepped up and said whether the patch is any
> good.

The last thing I saw about the last actual patch:
"""this patch should enable the usage of IE8 with solrjs
 Tho, I didn't get it working with IE7 yet.."""

I think that might be an improvement, but it's tough to tell - I don't
know if trunk was broken for IE6 & 7 and they have a bigger market
share than 8.  But frankly having something that doesn't work for
either IE or Firefox doesn't seem acceptable for release.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: 8 for 1.4

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Sep 27, 2009, at 2:56 PM, Chris Hostetter wrote:

> : > On S-1294, the SolrJS patch, I yet again have concerns about
> even including
> : > this, given the lack of activity (from Matthias, the original
> author and
> : > true for others too.  At a minimum, I think S-1294 should be
> pushed to 1.5.
> : > Next up, I think we consider pulling SolrJS from the release,
> but keeping it
> : > in trunk and officially releasing it with either 1.5 or 1.4.1,
> assuming its
> : > gotten some love in the meantime.  If by then it has no love, I
> vote we
> : > remove it and let the fork maintain it and point people there.
>
> If we leave SolrJS in the release, then i can't imagine any reason
> why the
> patch in SOLR-1294 shouldn't be committed ... no one is going to
> step up
> and help maintain it if we aren't committing the patches that people
> offer
> to improve it.

Yes, but no committers have stepped up and said whether the patch is
any good.  Ryan mentioned taking it, but that was two weeks ago.

Re: Fwd: 8 for 1.4