Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Owen <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2005/07/28 13:07:29 UTC

[M1] Clover license problem + cxclude certain files from clover

(Using Maven 1.0.2)

Hi,

Problem1:

I need to define where the license is using:

maven.clover.license.path=C://clover/licenses/clover.license

however, I want this to work across many peoples machines (windows + linux),
and therefore having this file path is "bad". I thought about using an
environment variable (ie.
maven.clover.license.path=${CLOVER_FOLDER}/licenses/clover.license),
however, been told that property files can't access environment variables.
Then thought about using an intranet, and let the license be got at from
something like maven.clover.license.path=http://companyintranet:8888/clover
(snip) etc. etc., however, it didn't like this either.

Any ideas?

Problem2:

I need to exclude certain files from being included in the coverage
calculation when using the clover plugin 1.3_01. The maven.clover.excludes
property didn't come in until clover 1.7. Any ideas on the best way, while
still using the same plugin?

I'm thinking about moving files I don't what to be included in the coverage
into another folder, and then moving back after the coverage calculation,
however, this seems a hack.

Many thanks,

Mike

RE: [M1] Clover license problem + cxclude certain files from clover

Posted by Michael Owen <mi...@hotmail.com>.
To answer my own question for problem 1. I'm setting:

plugin.resources=${maven.home}/licenses

then clover will look at plugin.resources/licenses.

maven.home will be set by an environment variable by Maven.

&lt;michaelowenuk@hotmail.com&gt;<br>&gt;Reply-To: &quot;Maven Users
List&quot; &lt;users@maven.apache.org&gt;<br>&gt;To:
users@maven.apache.org<br>&gt;Subject: [M1] Clover license problem + cxclude
certain files from clover<br>&gt;Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:07:29
+0100<br>&gt;<br>&gt;(Using Maven
define where the license is
I want this to work across many peoples machines (windows + <br>&gt;linux),
and therefore having this file path is &quot;bad&quot;. I thought
files from being included in the coverage <br>&gt;calculation when using the
clover plugin 1.3_01. The <br>&gt;maven.clover.excludes property didn't come
in until clover 1.7. Any <br>&gt;ideas on the best way, while still using
the same plugin?<br>&gt;<br>&gt;I'm thinking about moving files I don't what
to be included in the <br>&gt;coverage into another folder, and then moving
back after the <br>&gt;coverage calculation, however, this seems a
hack.<br>&gt;<br>&gt;Many
additional commands, e-mail: users-help@maven.apache.org<br>&gt;<br>