Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/01 06:56:09 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] Kaolin (renamed from Dimensions)

Hi,

On Jan 27, 2008 12:49 PM, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/1/26, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>:
> > Is there interest in growing an independent Kaolin community,
> > or should the codebase perhaps just be contributed (with a software
> > grant) as an add-on component to Apache Tiles?
>
> The add-on option will fit best. At this point, does it need to pass
> through the incubator, or a software grant is enough?

A software grant and the IP clearance process [1] sounds like the
right option here if the Tiles PMC is interested in adopting Kaolin.
Going through normal incubation is also possible if you want to focus
more on growing an independent community around the Kaolin codebase.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [PROPOSAL] Kaolin (renamed from Dimensions)

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2008/2/1, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> On Jan 27, 2008 12:49 PM, Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > 2008/1/26, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>:
> > > Is there interest in growing an independent Kaolin community,
> > > or should the codebase perhaps just be contributed (with a software
> > > grant) as an add-on component to Apache Tiles?
> >
> > The add-on option will fit best. At this point, does it need to pass
> > through the incubator, or a software grant is enough?
>
> A software grant and the IP clearance process [1] sounds like the
> right option here if the Tiles PMC is interested in adopting Kaolin.
> Going through normal incubation is also possible if you want to focus
> more on growing an independent community around the Kaolin codebase.

Definitely Thank You Jukka! I think that the IP clearance is the right
option, since the community will not be independent from Tiles ones. I will
prepare it ASAP.

Thanks again
Antonio