Posted to users@camel.apache.org by selezovikj <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/07 16:56:58 UTC

Camel and Oracle AQ

Hello everyone,

I want to connect to a remote Oracle AQ broker and read from a queue.
I am doing all my configuration in a spring config file, and this is what I
have done so far:

<bean id="jms2" class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsComponent">
		<property name="connectionFactory">
			<bean class="oracle.jms.AQjmsFactory"
				factory-method="getQueueConnectionFactory">
				<constructor-arg index="0">
					<value>host</value>
				</constructor-arg>
				<constructor-arg index="1" type="java.lang.String">
					<value>db-id</value>
				</constructor-arg>
				<constructor-arg index="2" type="int">
					<value>1521</value>
				</constructor-arg>
				<constructor-arg index="3">
					<value>thin</value>
				</constructor-arg>
			</bean>
		</property>
</bean>

Later, I declare a camel context and declare the routing in the same config
file:

<camelContext id="camel"
		<route>
			<from uri="jms2:remoteQUEUE"/>
			<to uri="activemq:internalQUEUE"/>
		</route>
</camelContext>

So my question is how do I set the username and password in order to connect
to the remote Oracle AQ broker ?

Re: Camel and Oracle AQ

Posted by selezovikj <se...@gmail.com>.
It works now. There were more consumers, so I had to wait a little longer to
receive a message.

I owe you a beer :-D

Re: Camel and Oracle AQ

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2008/10/9 selezovikj <se...@gmail.com>:

> There are messages to consume on the AQ for sure.
> The funny thing is that I don't see any information about whether it is
> actually connecting to the IP address I am giving,
> and whether it accepts the username and password.
> I tried connecting to a remote Active MQ broker, it is successful and I
> receive DEBUG information that I am connected to the remote host and port
> number.

Does the AQ client support any logging? Have you tried turning on all
debug logging?

--
James
-------

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Camel and Oracle AQ

Posted by selezovikj <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Camel and Oracle AQ

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: Camel and Oracle AQ

Posted by selezovikj <se...@gmail.com>.
When I try to connect, I don't see any logging information on connecting to
the remote oracle AQ component.
This is what I get:

Consumer [oracle.jms.AQjmsConsumer@c736e4] of session
[oracle.jms.AQjmsSession@952905] did not receive a message

And the list goes on. It seems that my app keeps on polling the remote
Oracle AQ broker.
I am also wondering why when I am injecting to the JmsComponent do I refer
to the credentials bean for the connectionFactory property, even though
"credentials" is not a connectionFactory ?
And maybe I should be injecting into an OracleAQ component instead of a
JmsComponent ?

<bean id="credentials"

class="org.springframework.jms.connection.UserCredentialsConnectionFactoryAdapter">
		<property name="targetConnectionFactory">
			<ref bean="connectionFactoryOracleAQ"/>
		</property>
		<property name="username">
			<value>awht</value>
		</property>
		<property name="password">
			<value>awht</value>
		</property>
</bean>

<bean id="jms" class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsComponent">
		<property name="connectionFactory" ref="credentials"/>
</bean>

Re: Camel and Oracle AQ

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
2008/10/8 selezovikj <se...@gmail.com>:

> So, this should be my final version:
>
> <bean id="credentials"
>
> class="org.springframework.jms.connection.UserCredentialsConnectionFactoryAdapter">
>                <property name="targetConnectionFactory">
>                        <ref bean="connectionFactoryOracleAQ"/>
>                </property>
>                <property name="username">
>                        <value>USER</value>
>                </property>
>                <property name="password">
>                        <value>PASS</value>
>                </property>
> </bean>
>
> <bean id="jms2" class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsComponent">
>        <property name="connectionFactory">
>            <inject bean="credentials"/>
>        </property>

change the above to

Re: Camel and Oracle AQ

Posted by selezovikj <se...@gmail.com>.
So, this should be my final version:

<bean id="credentials"

class="org.springframework.jms.connection.UserCredentialsConnectionFactoryAdapter">
		<property name="targetConnectionFactory">
			<ref bean="connectionFactoryOracleAQ"/>
		</property>
		<property name="username">
			<value>USER</value>
		</property>
		<property name="password">
			<value>PASS</value>
		</property>
</bean>

<bean id="jms2" class="org.apache.camel.component.jms.JmsComponent">
        <property name="connectionFactory">
            <inject bean="credentials"/>
        </property>
</bean>

If this is not right, can you please help me out with a link on how to use
"inject".

Re: Camel and Oracle AQ

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

>>>                                </constructor-arg>
>>>                        </bean>
>>>                </property>
>>> </bean>
>>>

>>> Later, I declare a camel context and declare the routing in the same
>>> config
>>> file:
>>>
>>> <camelContext id="camel"
>>>                xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring">
>>>                <route>
>>>                        <from uri="jms2:remoteQUEUE"/>
>>>                        <to uri="activemq:internalQUEUE"/>
>>>                </route>
>>> </camelContext>
>>>
>>> So my question is how do I set the username and password in order to
>>> connect
>>> to the remote Oracle AQ broker ?
>>
>> You typically set the username/pwd on the ConnectionFactory. If one is
>> not available on your JMS provider then Spring has a helper wrapper

James
-------
http://macstrac.blogspot.com/

Open Source Integration
http://open.iona.com

Re: Camel and Oracle AQ

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

This is a cross post and is being discussed at the ServiceMix user mailing list.

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 3:37 AM, kkashi <kk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Saw your message here on the forum. Is this working for you? Did you deploy
> this into OSGi container? I have problem deploying into smx and I get an
> following error message:
>
> The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Constraint:
> Import-Package: oracle.jms; version="0.0.0"
>
> Appreciate your input.
>
> Thanks.
>

> selezovikj wrote:
>>
>> I know that, but I don't seem to be able do it in spring the right way.
>> What I am doing is this:
>>
>> <bean id="connectionFactoryOracleAQ" class="oracle.jms.AQjmsFactory"
>>               factory-method="getQueueConnectionFactory">
>>               <constructor-arg index="0">
>>                       <value>host</value>
>>               </constructor-arg>
>>               <constructor-arg index="1" type="java.lang.String">
>>                       <value>db-id</value>
>>               </constructor-arg>
>>               <constructor-arg index="2" type="int">
>>                       <value>1521</value>
>>               </constructor-arg>
>>               <constructor-arg index="3">
>>                       <value>thin</value>
>>               </constructor-arg>
>> </bean>
>>
>> <bean id="jms2"
>>
>> class="org.springframework.jms.connection.UserCredentialsConnectionFactoryAdapter">
>>               <property name="targetConnectionFactory">
>>                       <ref bean="connectionFactoryOracleAQ"/>
>>               </property>
>>               <property name="username">
>>                       <value>myUsername</value>
>>               </property>
>>               <property name="password">
>>                       <value>myPassword</value>
>>               </property>
>> </bean>
>>
>> And then I guess the camel routing should be like this:
>>
>> <camelContext id="camel"
>>               xmlns="activemq.apache.org/camel/schema/spring">
>>               <route>
>>                       <from uri="jms2:TEST"/>
>>                       <to uri="activemq:internalQUEUE"/>
>>               </route>
>> </camelContext>
>>
>> Any help with this ?
>>

>> James.Strachan wrote:

>>> You typically set the username/pwd on the ConnectionFactory. If one is
>>> not available on your JMS provider then Spring has a helper wrapper
>>> class...
>>>
>>> http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.5.x/api/org/springframework/jms/connection/UserCredentialsConnectionFactoryAdapter.html
>>> --
>>> James