Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Paul Crittenden <cr...@simpson.edu> on 2005/02/22 17:12:52 UTC

More Info: Spam suddenly getting through

Good morning, I am running SA 3.0.2 and have been running SpamAssassin for
about a year now. Things were working great until this weekend. For some
reason over the weekend spam that had been getting caught is now getting
through and not marked as spam. It doesn't seem to matter what the subject
of the spam is. I made no changes to anything from Friday to Monday. I
hoped that do some more training yesterday would help but it hasn't seemed
to. Any ideas and help would be appreciated.

I just thought that over the weekend I had a disk controller fail but it
failed over to a backup. However, I wonder if my bayes DB got messed up
somehow by this. I ran spamassassin --lint -D and am attaching the output.
Does this help and could I be correct?

Paul Crittenden
Computer System Manager
Simpson College
email: crittend@simpson.edu
Phone: (515)961-1680

  "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to
purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve
neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Re: More Info: Spam suddenly getting through

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Paul Crittenden wrote on Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:12:52 -0600:

> I ran spamassassin --lint -D and am attaching the output.
> Does this help

No, looks fine. Run a *message* which you think should have been detected
as spam thru sa -D and look at the outcome. (And please stay in thread
instead of sending several new messages.)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany