Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Caroline Jen <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2003/12/09 02:29:10 UTC

RE: Please Help! Unable to Pass A Hidden Field To scaffold.Proces sAction

I use container-managed authentication.

--- "Yee, Richard K,,DMDCWEST"
<Ye...@osd.pentagon.mil> wrote:
> Caroline,
> Imposible? Look at the HTML that is generated by the
> JSP page. I think you
> will see that it returns "null".
> Take a look at the JavaDoc for
> HttpServletRequest.getRemoteUser();
>
> getRemoteUser
> public java.lang.String getRemoteUser()
> Returns the login of the user making this request,
> if the user has been
> authenticated, or null if the user has not been
> authenticated. Whether the
> user name is sent with each subsequent request
> depends on the browser and
> type of authentication. Same as the value of the CGI
> variable REMOTE_USER.
>
> Returns: a String specifying the login of the user
> making this request, or
> null
>
> As the JavaDoc says: "Whether the user name is sent
> with each subsequent
> request depends on the browser and type of
> authentication."  Are you using
> basic authentication or are you authenticating the
> user yourself?
> If you are doing it yourself (ie. through a db
> lookup) then the server
> doesn't know about the user being authenticated and
> will return null.
>
> Regards,
>
> Richard

parameter="org.apache.artimus.article.FindEditorData"

=== message truncated ===

Re: Please Help! Unable to Pass A Hidden Field To scaffold.Proces sAction

Posted by Paul Thomas <pa...@tmsl.demon.co.uk>.
On 09/12/2003 01:29 Caroline Jen wrote:
> I use container-managed authentication.

In which case, why don't you get the user name using
request.getUserPrincipal().getName() ?

--
Paul Thomas

RE: Please Help! Unable to Pass A Hidden Field To scaffold.Proces sAction

Posted by Richard Yee <ry...@cruzio.com>.
Caroline,
Did you check the result of getRemoteUser(). Does it return null or "null"?
If so, it's not a problem with your hidden form variables,.

-Richard