Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Silvano Fari <si...@yahoo.de> on 2003/12/02 10:48:00 UTC

WSDL defines xsd:dateTime but axis sends xsd:date instead. Bug?

I think this must be a bug in Axis.
When I look at the WSDL of my Java service I see the following definition of the attribute entryDate:

<element name="entryDate" nillable="true" type="xsd:dateTime" />

The entryDate is originally a java.util.Date, thus this translation into WSDL would be ok.

Looking at the SOAP response I see that Axis sends the Attribute as follows:

<entryDate xsi:type="xsd:date">2003-12-01</entryDate>

Which is obviously not what the WSDL defines.

The stub class for the client side generated from the WSDL gets generated with a java.util.Calendar attribute. Since I do also need the time not only the day this is a real problem. I think a workaround would be to define a Calendar attribute on the server side is that the only way to solve this problem?

Gesendet von http://mail.yahoo.de
Schneller als Mail - der neue Yahoo! Messenger.