Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Vyacheslav Boyko <ma...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/17 13:09:50 UTC

Kafka component, consuming, threads count

Hi!

Is there a guarantee that Camel use only one thread while consuming
kafka topic like

from("kafka://topic")

.. if I do set up consumers count into 1 ?

--
Vyacheslav Boyko
mailto:mail4bvn@gmail.com

Re: Kafka component, consuming, threads count

Posted by Otavio Rodolfo Piske <an...@gmail.com>.
For versions >= 3.12, yes. If not, I'd say it's a bug - and I'd be happy to
look into that if that's the case.

For versions <= 3.11, there's 2 settings that may interfere: stream count
and consumers count*.

* I'd kindly ask you to take a look at the 3.11 document and the migration
guides for newer versions, where we explained this. I am on
vacation/traveling so I can't point out the details.

Kind regards

--
Otavio R. Piske
http://orpiske.net