Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Scott Miller <sr...@interbel.net> on 2002/03/13 22:14:41 UTC

.htaccess file

I'm trying to create a .htaccess file with the following:

ErrorDocument 404 http://www.domain.com/404.html
ErrorDocument 401 http://www.domain.com/401.html
ErrorDocument 403 http://www.domain.com/403.html
ErrorDocument 500 http://www.domain.com/500.html

but for some reason it is not working.  Is there something extra that needs
to be done to apache to make these work?

I'm running:

RH 7.2
Apache 1.3

Thanks,
Scott

---

Re: .htaccess file

Posted by Scott Miller <sr...@interbel.net>.
allow/override was not set correctly.  I changed it to:

<Directory />
AllowOverride All
</Directory>

And it worked great.  I also removed the ref to ErrorDocument 401

Thanks!
Scott

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.