Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Keith Wannamaker <kr...@raleigh.ibm.com> on 2000/02/23 17:53:40 UTC

Ant bug; Tomcat broken further

Well, first, the current cvs won't compile so I'm not
sure if the shutdown problem was fixed.

However, I did uncover that the ant build tool is broken.

After tossing my source tree and getting a fresh checkout,
tomcat built fine.  However, when I tossed my final build
tree, then I began seeing the compile errors in the
jasper/JspC.java.

This means the ant tool did not properly rebuild
the appropriate sources the first time when it
determined that my source was newer than my
binaries. (!)

Surely any replacement for make would need
to check timestamps.

Keith Wannamaker
IBM Corp.