Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by lists <li...@efastfunding.com> on 2004/07/19 19:22:16 UTC

Wiki add please How to check a IMAP mailbox on another machine

I know this have been covered but I am not sure of the month or key words

I don't have enough Horsepower in my internal mail server to run SA so it
can learn all the mail that the users put in the shared folders so my
Gateway mail server can learn.  I need to get these messages over to it to
be Sa-learned.  I know there is a perl script or something that can do this
but I could not find it on wiki.  If my internal box had the CPU or CPU's I
would do SQL but since it doesn't it's cron them over with a script.

My attempts a scp have been bad do to lack of understanding how to setup
keys correctly to have it pull it. (sorry over work time thing there)

I don't have Rsync or NFS on the box nor do I want to put it on them.  My
gateway box is CPU heavy so it can run the script with np since all it does
it SA and clamd.  Thanks

Re: Wiki add please How to check a IMAP mailbox on another machine

Posted by Ken Scott <ke...@geodax.com>.
On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 13:22, lists wrote:
> I know this have been covered but I am not sure of the month or key words
>
> I don't have enough Horsepower in my internal mail server to run SA so it
> can learn all the mail that the users put in the shared folders so my
> Gateway mail server can learn.  I need to get these messages over to it to
> be Sa-learned.  I know there is a perl script or something that can do this
> but I could not find it on wiki.

I use a script to scrub Exchange server IMAP accounts (reagrdless of
whether the user is linux-based or Windoze).  Not sure if it is what you
need exactly but it works well.
The script I am using is this
 isbg.py,v 1.13 2003/03/27 08:20:20 rogerb Exp $
# This software is written and maintained by Roger Binns
# <ro...@rogerbinns.com> It is distributed under the <a
#href="http://www.opensource.org/licenses/artistic-license.php">Artistic
# License</a>.

RE: Wiki add please How to check a IMAP mailbox on another machine

Posted by lists <li...@efastfunding.com>.
-> > I know this have been covered but I am not sure of the
-> month or key
-> > words
-> >
-> > I don't have enough Horsepower in my internal mail server
-> to run SA so
-> > it can learn all the mail that the users put in the shared
-> folders so
-> > my Gateway mail server can learn.  I need to get these
-> messages over
-> > to it to be Sa-learned.  I know there is a perl script or
-> something
-> > that can do this but I could not find it on wiki.  If my
-> internal box
-> > had the CPU or CPU's I would do SQL but since it doesn't it's cron
-> > them over with a script.
->
	http://www.stearns.org/doc/spamassassin-setup.current.html#isbg

	http://www.stearns.org/ssh-keyinstall/
	http://www.stearns.org/doc/ssh-techniques-two.current.html
	http://www.stearns.org/doc/ssh-techniques.current.html

> I don't have Rsync or NFS on the box nor do I want to put it on them.
> My

	Rsync should come with most Unixes, but it's also part of the
cygwin environment for the windows platforms:
	http://www.cygwin.com
	Cheers,
	- Bill

Simple I only install what I really need on a nix box and NFS and Rsync are
not needed so there for not install.  Why give hackers tools they can use?

Re: Wiki add please How to check a IMAP mailbox on another machine

Posted by William Stearns <ws...@pobox.com>.
Good day, (lists?)

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, lists wrote:

> I know this have been covered but I am not sure of the month or key words
>
> I don't have enough Horsepower in my internal mail server to run SA so it
> can learn all the mail that the users put in the shared folders so my
> Gateway mail server can learn.  I need to get these messages over to it to
> be Sa-learned.  I know there is a perl script or something that can do this
> but I could not find it on wiki.  If my internal box had the CPU or CPU's I
> would do SQL but since it doesn't it's cron them over with a script.

	http://www.stearns.org/doc/spamassassin-setup.current.html#isbg

> My attempts a scp have been bad do to lack of understanding how to setup
> keys correctly to have it pull it. (sorry over work time thing there)

	http://www.stearns.org/ssh-keyinstall/
	http://www.stearns.org/doc/ssh-techniques-two.current.html
	http://www.stearns.org/doc/ssh-techniques.current.html

> I don't have Rsync or NFS on the box nor do I want to put it on them.  My

	Rsync should come with most Unixes, but it's also part of the
cygwin environment for the windows platforms:
	http://www.cygwin.com
	Cheers,
	- Bill

	If you've been pounding nails with your forehead for years, it may
feel strange the first time somebody hands you a hammer. But that
doesn't mean that you should strap the hammer to a headband just to give
your skull that old familiar jolt.
	-- Wayne Throop, during the ``TCL Wars''
(Courtesy of Steve Dodd <di...@loth.demon.co.uk>)
William Stearns (wstearns@pobox.com).  Mason, Buildkernel, freedups, p0f,
rsync-backup, ssh-keyinstall, dns-check, more at:   http://www.stearns.org