Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/28 18:21:26 UTC

[commons-parent] drop cobertura

Any objections to this?  In [math] at least we can't seem to turn it
off and it is causing the site build to take forever.

Thanks!

Phil

Re: [commons-parent] drop cobertura

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Le 28/12/2012 18:21, Phil Steitz a écrit :
> Any objections to this?  In [math] at least we can't seem to turn it
> off and it is causing the site build to take forever.

Go for it.

Luc

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 8:21 PM, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/29/12 10:44 AM, Mark Struberg wrote:
>>> Any better suggestions for [math]?
>> Yes, as I see it there are two options.
>>
>> a.) move some parts into a profile
>
> How exactly would this work?  Can we get rid of stuff that way,
> really?  We can get it to ignore stuff the parent specifies?  Or are
> you talking about yet another profile in the parent?
>> b.) create 2 parent pom. One with the infrastructure stuff and one with all the tons of additional goodies only needed for the other projects.
>
> That seems pretty ugly.  I wonder how bad it would be, actually, to
> just get rid of the parent and define the stuff we actually use /
> need in [math] itself.  I think I have on balance spent more time
> figuring out what was going on in the parent than I would have spent
> just maintaining properties actually used by the components that I
> work on.  Maybe just strip it down to some common properties and
> things like the mailing lists.  At the very least, we should drop
> the reporting section and the one you mention below.
>

>> LieGrue,
>> strub
>>

>> PS: I find it pretty weird that the commons-parent has a profile to build all the other stuff. This can be done much cleaner in having an own build-aggregator pom which just contains the <modules>.
>
> Agreed.  I wonder if anyone ever uses this.  I would be +1 to drop.

I've used it in the past - useful for testing all components with
changes to commons parent or the commons plugin which generates some
of the site pages. Its in a profile, so does no harm.

Niall

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
We should just move the non-development stuff (stuff that we'll run in
a CI environment, though) into a profile.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [commons-parent] drop cobertura

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Using Sonar is useless for local development. When I make changes and run a
build, I want to see all of the reports based on my local changes, not what
is in the VCS. I know we usually do CTR but this would force me to commit
to see reports in Sonar, a non-starter IMO.

Gary

On Sat, Dec 29, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Oliver Heger <oliver.heger@oliver-heger.de

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
> or just move it to a profile?

+1

-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: [commons-parent] drop cobertura

Posted by Sébastien Brisard <se...@m4x.org>.
Hi Mark,

2012/12/29 Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>

> or just move it to a profile?
> In our project we have this enabled via
>
> $> mvn clean instal -Pcoverage
>
> LieGrue,
> strub
>
> We've been trying to do that unsuccessfully in Commons Math. What project
are you talking about? We could look at the pom.
Thanks,

Sébastien

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
or just move it to a profile?

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Hi Phil,

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 28, 2012, at 15:11, Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/28/12 11:44 AM, Gary Gregory wrote:
>> It seems a shame to turn off this feature for ALL projects because one
>> project can't figure out a workaround.
>
> Can *any* project find a workaround?  Is there *any way* to turn
> this thing off?

I won't be in front of my PC much until the holidays are over so I
hope someone else can help.

Gary

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.