Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by MG...@escholar.com on 2010/04/05 22:26:01 UTC

jdbc connection

What's the best way to get a direct handle to a jdbc connection in your
underlying pool.  It looked like getting it straight from DataNode was the
way to go, but then how do I get to my DataNode?  :)  Thanks.

-Mike

Re: jdbc connection

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.
CayenneContext is used for three-tier Cayenne (ROP) [1]. This is a very
interesting and major feature of Cayenne. No others currently.. I've thought
of GWTCayenneContext for GWT client side, but this is quite different
concept

[1]
http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/remote-object-persistence-introduction.html

--
Andrey

Re: jdbc connection

Posted by MG...@escholar.com.

From:
Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>
To:
user@cayenne.apache.org
Date:

Re: jdbc connection

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.
I don't know if this will always be the case, but 3.0 (in
WebApplicationContextFilter and ServletUtil) creates a DataContext:

            DataContext ctxt = (DataContext)
session.getAttribute(DATA_CONTEXT_KEY);

            if (ctxt == null) {
                ctxt = DataContext.createDataContext();
                session.setAttribute(ServletUtil.DATA_CONTEXT_KEY, ctxt);
            }

            return ctxt;

Maybe in 3.1 or greater this will change, but currently it should be
safe to cast to a DataContext.

mrg

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 4:49 PM,  <MG...@escholar.com> wrote:
> Thanks guys.  Will it always be safe to cast
> BaseContext.getThreadObjectContext() to DataContext?
>
> -Mike
>

> From:
> Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>
> To:
> user@cayenne.apache.org
> Date:
> 04/05/2010 04:46 PM
> Re: jdbc connection
>

> dataContext.getParentDataDomain().getNode("foo").getDataSource().getConnection()
> returns the Connection, I think.  Replace "foo" with the name of your
> DataNode.
>
> mrg
>
> On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 4:26 PM,  <MG...@escholar.com> wrote:
>> What's the best way to get a direct handle to a jdbc connection in your
>> underlying pool.  It looked like getting it straight from DataNode was
> the
>> way to go, but then how do I get to my DataNode?  :)  Thanks.
>>
>> -Mike

Re: jdbc connection

Posted by MG...@escholar.com.

From:
Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>
To:
user@cayenne.apache.org
Date:

Re: jdbc connection

Posted by Michael Gentry <mg...@masslight.net>.

Re: jdbc connection

Posted by Andrey Razumovsky <ra...@gmail.com>.
something like DataContext.getParentDataDomain().getDataNode(name). You're
right, this is a way to obtain a connection

--
Andrey